Website Hosting or Webhosting is the process where a website hosting provider maintains and stores the website files and its applications on a server to make its customer’s or user’s website accessible on the internet. Web Hosting requires the Domain Name System for the name configuration, as well as it requires the use of one or more physical or virtual servers as the web host.
Frequently, a web hosting company like Siteadda labs have the required resources and technology to make sure that their users website is secured and working properly. But in some cases website owner may choose their own server to host website. In spite of the fact that it requires a lot of technical skills and capabilities.
The components which are stored on a hosting provider’s website server are the collection of different files, images, applications and databases. Which is connected and powered on to the internet. Every website has different requirement, whether its business website or personal website. Web Hosting companies offer services like antivirus options, server management, technical support and website backups etc.
Shared hosting stores multiple website on each server, it is just like sharing a room with your roommates. Server’s resources are also shared by the website, such as RAM and Processor.
Shared hosting is the great option for the beginners, small businesses or first time website owners. User friendly website building tools, such as drag and drop website builders and WordPress Hosting are basically included with a Shared Hosting server plan. One disadvantage of Shared Hosting plan is that server resources can’t be controlled by website owners and could suffer from performance downgrade. Resource protection options for strong website performance are also offered by some website hosting providers, it doesn’t matter that how many sites share the server at given time.
Shared Hosting is not suggested if : –
- If you expect high amount of visitors in your website, shared hosting is not for you because you are already sharing server which causes slow down problems. Resources can be limited for each hosting account.
- Do not trust shared hosting if you need very secure hosting for your website while handling sensitive data or payment transactions.
- Shared hosting means shared server and most of the server have poor IP reputation. IP reputation plays major role as it is an important server, search engine like Google, Yahoo or Bing cannot block or blacklist your site if you have a good IP reputation.
The process to make website and applications available on the internet using the cloud is Cloud Hosting. It allows greater flexibility to quickly make changes and also allows greater scalability. In most of the Cloud Hosting cases offer to pay for what you use.
Cloud Hosting allows to add or remove resources when required. That includes more storage spaces, RAM, more security or data storage. At very reasonable cost cloud hosting is more reliable and flexible, it also provides data backup and recovery.
Advantages of having Cloud Hosting
- Cloud hosting can easily be scaled because it does not depend on single server to deliver and store content.
- Across the network, by instantly provisioning the parameters of the virtual machines Cloud Hosting provides freedom to use appropriate solution that required in any situation.
- The cost of the Cloud Hosting can depend upon the usage, Web Hosting works on a monthly or yearly fee.
- If the network is not working on the server then it can provide the service from the other server.
Choose the best kind of Hosting service for your website, that helps in protecting and maintaining.